Data Privacy Notice
ETG Entwicklungs- und Technologie Gesellschaft mbH Ilmenau ("ETG Ilmenau") is part of the global Endress+Hauser Group. The Endress+Hauser Group and its affiliated companies located in the United States (collectively “Endress+Hauser”, “we” or “us”) attribute great importance to the protection of your personal data. Therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on protection of personal data and data security. We are delighted that you have visited our website and shown an interest in our company and products. In accordance with the relevant data protection regulations, we are providing you with the following information regarding how we use, store, collect, and process personal data.
By visiting our website, you agree with the present Policy; otherwise, you have to refrain from the use of our website or any of our electronic applications.
As our business changes and as privacy laws and regulations evolve, it may be necessary to revise or update this Policy. When we revise this Policy, we will post those changes on our webpage so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. The Policy is effective from the date disclosed.
1. Data Collected
ETG Illmenau collects data in a variety of ways. We collect the following information directly from you when you use our site or online application, register or attend a training or event, opt-in for electronic mailings, send us an e-mail, make a purchase on our online shop, or complete a web form:
- Identifiers: such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country)
- Electronic Identifiers: including user name and password created by you when you register on our site
- Personal Data Categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute: including your name, alias, telephone number, and home address
- Communications Preferences: such as your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our e-mail advertising and marketing materials
- Commercial Data: including inquiries about and orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you
- Financial Information: such as credit card or other financial account information for the purpose of enabling us to facilitate your purchase of our products through our online shop
- Event Information: including event registrations, meal preferences and allergies, and contact information
- Export control information: such as your nationality, citizenship, and country of residence that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive products and/or information regarding certain technologies
- Feedback: including responses to customer surveys, responses to online forms, and complaints registered
- Employment Information: such as resumes and educational background provided to us via your online application for a position with us
In addition to information we collect directly from you, we also collect certain information from you indirectly via your visit to our site and other publicly available sources of information, including:
- Identifiers: such as your online identifiers, IP address, email address, or account name
- Internet or Network Activity: including your browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with our websites or online applications; access status/HTTP status code; volume of data transmitted; operating system and interface; and date and time of access
- Geolocation Data: such as your physical location or movements
- Inventory Data: including customer master data, names, and addresses
- Content Data: such as text inputs, photos, and videos
- Meta/communications Data: including device information and IP addresses
- Public information: such as information on publicly available government sanctions lists and other websites, social media sites, and media sources
- Personal Data Categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute: including your name, alias, telephone number, and home address
We reserve the right to anonymize the data you provided to store it in an aggregated form and to combine it with other data to create anonymous statistics as the case may be (e.g. the number of visitors). This information will not contain any identifiable personal data. In particular, users’ IP addresses are deleted or anonymized when use ceases. During anonymization, the IP addresses are altered such that detailed information concerning personal or material circumstances can no longer, or only with a disproportionately large amount of effort, be attributed to a specific of identifiable individual.
2. Use of Data
ETG Ilmenau collects and uses your personal data primarily to fulfill your requests such as answering your inquiries, processing your orders, preparing, negotiating, executing and fulfilling your contracts and to give you access to certain information. Specifically, ETG Ilmenau may utilize your personal data to:
- contact you about a specific request or inquiry
- deliver requested services, products or business transactions for which we have agreed
- administer our sites and your account, analyze trends and improve functionality of our sites
- consider an application for employment from you
- protect our legal rights and our property, protect other users or any third party or prevent personal injury or loss as necessary
- communicate about products, services and events that you may be interested in
- generate leads for us and our business partners, including our sales representatives, authorized service providers, and channel partners, for business promotion purposes to provide you with better support and services
- use such information in the context of our overall customer relationship management
- provision of the website and the online services, its functionalities and content
- to create and manage your personal account
- to identify you as a contractual partner
- to process your online purchases (including purchase orders and returns of purchases via our website, payment processing, notifications regarding delivery status and any delivery problems)
- to handle complaints or warranty claims
- to measure coverage
- for direct marketing purposes
We also have the authority to use your personal data, notably due to legal obligations, governmental or judicial order, to establish or protect certain legal claims, to defend against certain legal claims or in connection with the sale, assignment or another transfer of the business or to prevent misuse and other illegal activities.
To maintain customer relationships, it may be necessary to store and process your personal data in order to better respond to your needs or to improve our instrumentation and analytical products and related services. We, or a third party on our behalf, may use personal data to inform you about products and services from ETG Ilmenau that we believe could be of interest to you or to carry out online surveys.
3. Distribution of Data to Third Parties
Apart from the circumstances described in this Policy, your personal data will not be sold, transmitted or otherwise distributed to third parties.
To the extent necessary for the purposes listed above, we may share your personal data with subsidiaries, joint ventures, affiliated entities, authorized representatives, suppliers, authorized service providers, and channel partners. This may include third-party service providers, vendors, sales representatives and professional advisory services. In particular, your personal data may be viewed by external companies and representatives that are doing technological maintenance or working on our behalf to help fulfill business transactions. These companies and agents are required to maintain strict confidentiality and to comply with relevant data protection laws.
We also utilize the services of a web hosting provider, marketing analytic and online advertising firms, and certain tracking technologies in order to provide you with targeted information and advice about products we, or our service providers working on our behalf, provide or to send you advertising email communications that are tailored to your preferences. These vendors work for us on the basis of data processing contracts that require strict data privacy and security compliance.
4. Cross Border Transfers of Personal Data
Like most global businesses, ETG Ilmenau transfers some of the personal data that it collects and processes with relevant affiliates in the Endress+Hauser Group in other countries. We may also store your data in a centralized system with other data that we hold about you, which may be located outside of the United States. As such, it may happen that certain personal data is stored or processed at computers located in jurisdictions that do not have the same privacy laws as your country of residence. The Endress+Hauser Group takes measures to ensure that such personal data is appropriately protected at all times, both in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of business operations.
ETG Ilmenau relies upon protections such as the E.U. Standard Contractual Clauses and intra-company agreements to ensure an appropriate level of protection for all protected personal data.
5. Data Security
ETG Ilmenau takes appropriate technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, improper use, disclosure, or loss or destruction. To ensure the confidentiality of these data, we use appropriate IT security systems. All of our staff and all third parties involved in data processing are obliged to comply with relevant data protection laws and treat personal data confidentially.
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect confidential content during transmission, such as purchase orders or requests you send to us as the site operator. You can tell that the connection is encrypted from the browser’s address bar, which changes from “http:// to ”, and from the padlock symbol in your browser bar. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you send to us cannot be read by any third party.
Please note due to the nature of data transmissions it is always possible that your data can be lost or can be accessed by unauthorized parties during transmission over the Internet or e-mail. We cannot assume any responsibility and expressly disclaim any liability for the security of your data during transmission. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the computer you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software and the like. If you cannot ensure this, we ask you to use other means of communication.
6. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Two types of cookies are used in this process:
- Technically necessary cookies are utilized to make our website more user friendly. Several elements of our website require that the viewing browser can also be identified after a page change.
- Analysis cookies enable an analysis of your surfing behavior and the tracking of your usage behavior for the aforementioned purposes to the corresponding extent. We collect the data only in anonymized or pseudonymized form. Therefore, it is not possible to attribute the data to the user viewing the website. This data is not stored together with other personal user data.
If cookies are disabled for our website, it may not be possible to fully use all of the features of the website.
7. Web Beacons
This site may also use a technology referred to as web beacons that allows the collection of web log information. A web beacon tracks pages viewed or message opened. Web log information is gathered when you visit one of our websites by the computer that hosts our website.
On certain of our webpages or in emails, we may also utilize web beacons. Web beacons help determine which email messages sent were opened and whether a message was acted upon. They also help analyze the effectiveness of a website by measuring the number of visitors to the site and how many visitors clicked on certain elements of a site.
8. Analytic Tools, Softwares and Advertising
ETG Ilmenau uses certain website analytical tools, web statistics tools, tag managers, remarketing applications, and online advertising softwares.
See below for a list of these tools and a link to their privacy policies:
9. Automated Decisions and Profiling
We may process some of your data automatically with the aim of assessing certain personal aspects (profiling). We will carry out this type of processing where it is
- necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract
- authorized by applicable law, or
- if you provided your consent to allow us to do so.
For example, we may use profiling to:
- analyze transactional data
- provide relevant marketing communications to customers
- communicate effectively with customers
We use assessment tools in order to specifically notify you and advise you about products. These allow communications and marketing to be tailored according to need.
Due to legal requirements, we are obliged to compare certain personal data against antiterrorism lists in connection with the sale of our goods and services.
10. Contact Forms
At various points on our website, you have the option to provide personal data in order to contact us or leave feedback. We have flagged the relevant mandatory data as such. We store this data along with your IP address and time of submission of the request. The data is stored solely for the purpose of processing your request and is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
11. Links to Other Webpages
Our websites may contain links to other webpages. These webpages are not covered by this Policy. Content from other webpages will be carefully reviewed by us prior to their linking in order to ensure that we only link webpages that adhere to the same high privacy policies as ETG Ilmenau. However, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such other webpages. You should carefully review such sites’ privacy policies before use. After becoming aware of infringements by third party content, we will remove the content or the link immediately.
12. Do Not Track
ETG Ilmenau does not currently employ a process for automatically responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices or other mechanisms. Per industry standards, third parties may be able to collect information, including personal data about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services.
13. Right of Access, Correction, Deletion, Objection, and to Opt-Out
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data on file with us is accurate and current. At your request, ETG Ilmenau will inform you within a reasonable period of time, in accordance with applicable law, whether and what personal data about you is stored in our systems. If, despite our efforts to maintain data accuracy and timeliness, incorrect data should be stored in our systems, we will correct it at your request. You also have the right to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances, object to processing or ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organization.
To exercise any of your rights or for questions concerning your personal data, information requests, or suggestions and complaints, please contact us at by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by mail at Legal Department, 2350 Endress Place, Greenwood, Indiana 46143; or toll free at 1-844-0730.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal data. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal data relates to you.
14. Rights of California Residents
Effective on January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal data. If you reside in California, you may exercise the following rights:
- the right to request that we disclose to you the personal data we have collected about you over the past 12 months from the day of your reques
- the right to request that we delete any of the personal data that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions
- the right to direct us not to sell your personal data at any time (the “right to op-out”)
- the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA under your behalf
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will confirm that we received your request within ten (10) days and respond within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
For more detailed information regarding your rights under the CCPA, please click here.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light Law”), users and customers who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosures of personal data during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We will comply with your request within thirty (30) days or as otherwise required by statute. Please be aware that not all information is covered by “Shine the Light” requirements and only information covered will be included in our response.
15.Rights of Nevada Residents
Effective on October 1, 2019, the Nevada Privacy of Information Collected on the Internet from Consumers Act (“NPICICA”) provides consumers in Nevada with specific rights regarding their personal data, including the right to op-out of the sale of your personal data.
16. Rights of European Union Residents
If you reside in the European Union, please review the following policies applicable to residents of the European Union under the General Data Protection Regulations: Datenschutzerklärung.
17. Commitment to Children’s Privacy
This website is not intended to collect or maintain any information from children younger than 16 years of age. If we learn that we mistakenly collected any information from anyone younger than 16 years of age, we will dispose of the information immediately after notification.
18. Retention of Personal Data
ETG Ilmenau processes and stores your personal data based upon its legal and business needs and then securely destroys the information. It is possible that personal data may be stored for the period of time for which claims may be asserted against us (statutory limitation periods range from three to thirty years). Commercial and tax regulations and laws also impose documentation and retention obligations.
19. Contact Us
If you believe your dispute or concern has not been properly addressed or resolved to your satisfaction, you may also have the right to file a claim with the relevant oversight agencies for data protection.
20. Changes to this Policy
Please note that we may update or change this Policy from time to time. When updated, we will revise the last updated notice at the bottom of this Policy. The most current version of this Policy will govern our use of your information.